Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leaveanywaste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertainweather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereTake the A9 motorway and cantonal road 9 to Visp. Follow the signs to Visperterminen and take Terbinerstrasse through Unterstalden and Oberstalden to Visperterminen.
ParkingThere are numerous public parking spots available in the center of Visperterminen.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- hikingpoles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)