N°2 - The "Grands Plans - Grimentz" path is a beautiful hike from the top of the Grands Plans chairlift to the village of Grimentz.
Distance 9.4 km
This hike runs partly on the ski area. Hikers will cross skiers, snowboarders and sledge riders. A second calmer part will allow hikers to reach the village of Grimentz by enjoying the peace of the forest.
Would you like to know more about the typical village of Grimentz and its history? The Historical Path in Grimentz, on sale at the Tourist Office (CHF 3.-), will guide you into the history of the village.
Update: February 22, 2022
Rest stopsRestaurant l'étable du Marais
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leaveanywaste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertainweather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips and hints
- Consultez les horaires de la télécabine : Dates et horaires
Première montée : 8h / Dernière descente : 17h
- Consultez les tarifs : Tarifs
- Caisse Grimentz : +41 27 476 20 00
Getting thereFollow the A9 motorway towards Sierre, exit at Sierre-Est, direction Val d'Anniviers. In Vissoie, follow the sign for "Grimentz".
ParkingPossibility to park at the Clos des Frès or des Bouesses parkings.
32T 388280 5116113
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Good, waterproof footwear
- hiking poles (optional)
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view