Feast your eyes on the magnificent Dents du Midi mountains and sample one of Switzerland’s most famous specialties: Rösti!
Distance 7 km
Perched an altitude of 1,800 meters, between the villages of Champoussin and Les Crosets in the Illiez Valley, this lovely ramble provides breathtaking views of the Dents du Midi massif and the Vaud Alps. From the highest point, at Pas de Croisette, you will enjoy an uninterrupted view of the surrounding peaks, including the entire Dents Blanches massif and the iconic Pointe de l'Au peak. Along the way you may see paragliders taking off under the Croix de l'Aiguille and, at the halfway point, the sunny terrace at the Relais Panoramique restaurant tempts hikers to stop for a refreshing drink or a bite to eat.
You won’t want to miss the exceptional selection of Rösti at the Relais Panoramique restaurant (reservations are recommended).
AuthorRégion Dents du Midi
Update: April 22, 2022
Safety informationUse of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leaveanywaste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertainweather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips and hintsMore information about the destination: https://www.regiondentsdumidi.ch
Getting thereHighway A9 Lausanne-Sion, exit St-Triphon. Follow "Pas-de-Morgins/Monthey", take the tunnel "Route de la Vallée" until Troistorrents. In Troistorrents, at the round-about, follow Champéry/Val-d'Illiez. In Val-d'Illiez, at the round-about, follow "Champoussin" on the right. The starting point at the "Frâchette" picnic area is just before the entrance to Champoussin village.
ParkingParking along the road, in front of the picnic area (where the road is wide enough).
32T 335974 5119146
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- hikingpoles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view