Leading through a snowy forest between Saas-Almagell and Saas-Fee, the Bodmen Woodland Winter Trail is as fun as it is beautiful.
There are a few icy spots!
Distance 3.2 km
This is the perfect trail for those seeking a walk in a peaceful, relaxed environment. Along the way, you’ll pass close to the Waldhüs Bodmen Restaurant with its own indoor petting zoo - a perfect stop when walking with kids. Additionally, the trail offers a number of spectacular views over Saas-Grund, the Saas Valley and the pyramid peaks of the Bietschhorn. The trail also forms part of the Tour du Mont Rose circuit.
The path is illuminated at night.
AuthorSaastal Tourismus AG
Update: April 25, 2022
Safety informationUse of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leaveanywaste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertainweather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips and hintsMore information about the destination:
Getting thereTake the cantonal road to Visp, and at the roundabout near the Landbrücke continue south towards Saas-Fee and Zermatt. At the ‘Killerhof’ roundabout after Stalden, take the second exit towards Saas-Fee. At Saas-Grund turn right at the intersection after the church towards Saas-Fee.
ParkingAt the entrance to the public car park.
32T 417251 5106695
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- hikingpoles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view