Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereMotorway A9 direction Brig. Continue direction Naters until Blatten.
Short-stay car park
For durations of less than one day, the best option is the short-stay car park (fee payable).
Indoor / outdoor car parks
Guests who stay for longer than 2 days in Blatten-Belalp can park in the outdoor or indoor car parks. Payment can be made at the ticket machines or at the information and ticket counters in Blatten.
The car parks cost CHF 12.00 a day in winter and CHF 9.00 in summer.
Guests who have paid the tourist tax or who are members of Pro Blatten enjoy a discount of 15%.
Rischinu car park
During the winter season, the car park in Rischinu may be used free of charge. A regular shuttle bus carries guests to the base station of the cable car and gondola in comfort.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints