Use of the trails and the information on this website is at your own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all trails:
- Use marked trails only, and take note of all signposting – for both your own safety as well as that of grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please treat other trail users, as well as the plants and animals, with respect.
For mountain trails:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at high altitudes. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan your trail carefully: take the fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season into consideration.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In case of uncertain weather conditions, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Take note of warning signs indicating the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereTake the A9 motorway to junction 29 (“Sierre-Est”), then head up the Val d’Anniviers, following signs for St-Luc.
ParkingParking is free in summer in the Val d'Anniviers. Park in the car park at the base station of the St-Luc funicular.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Good footwear
- Weather-appropriate clothing: always carry a waterproof jacket
- Hat or peak cap
- Water bottle
- Hiking poles
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.