The exclusive Ravensburger Games Trail combines hiking with exciting games. Scattered across the hiking area around Grächen are eight Games Cabins and seven Activity Stations. The King’s Route takes you past two of the Games Cabins and four Activity Stations. The Games Cabins are small wooden chalets equipped with a table and board games. A backpack with all the pieces needed to play the games is available from the Tourist Office for a deposit of CHF 50. At each games location there is a small box with a stamp to stamp your Game Passport, which can likewise be obtained from the Tourist Office. Setting off from Grächen, the hike sends you through the Bina neighbourhood. The relatively level route then passes below Bärgji to the Hohtschugge view point, before returning via Bärgji. The path then leads above the village to Alpe Äbnet. Here the summer life of the Alps can be observed from close quarters. Finally the route heads back to Grächnersee Lake and down to the centre of Grächen village.
Highlights of the hike:
- Varied hike along the Games Trail that takes in Games Houses and Activity Stations.
- Hohtschugge view point with terrific views of Visper Valley and the surrounding mountains.
Rest stopsRestaurant Hohtschuggen
Restaurant Zum See
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Grächen tourisme accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Tips and hints
The other variants of the Ravensburger Games Trail can be found here:
Rhone valley: Via Martigny - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus
Lötschberg car transport: Via Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (bls.ch/car transport)
Furka car transport: Via Andermatt - Realp - Oberwald - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (car transport Furka)
Ticino/Simplon: Via Lugano - Centovalli - Domodossola - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Simplon car transport)
Parkings in Grächen
The Millegga car park is located at the entrance to the village. Price per day (for covered car park): CHF 15.00
Private car park providers:
Amstutz Trudy Tel. +41 27 956 13 35
Jeiziner Leon Tel. +41 27 956 16 31
Hotel Alpha Tel. +41 27 956 13 01
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints