Use of the snowshoe trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
Tips, hints and links
More information about the destination:
Getting thereMotorway A9 to Sierre, exit 29 Sierre-Est, then continue towards Val d'Anniviers to Vissoie. Follow the signs to St-Jean.
ParkingCar park in St-Jean d'en Haut, near the start of the tour.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Good, waterproof footwear
- hiking poles
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)