You can easily reach the Simplon pass by postbus from Brig or Domodossola. Free parking spaces are also available on the pass.
Rest StopHotel Simplon-Blick
Hotel Monte Leone
Safety informationUse of the snowshoe trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion/Brig Simplon Tourismus AG accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
Tips and hints
Brig Simplon Tourismus AG
+41 27 9201 60 30
Getting thereBy car or post bus to the Simplon Pass.
ParkingFree parking is available.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good, waterproof footwear
- hiking poles
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
You can rent snowshoeing equipment in Brig at the glacier sport. (+41 27 923 46 46)