Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leaveanywaste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertainweather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereTake the A9 motorway and cantonal road 9 to Visp. Follow the signs to Visperterminen and take Terbinerstrasse via Unterstalden and Oberstalden to Visperterminen.
ParkingThere are a large number of public parking spots in the center of the village.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Good, waterproof footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints