The route starts in Aminona, where there is a large car park, a café with a terrace, and a tourist information point. The route alternates between forests and open pasture via La Cure, a restaurant with a sunny terrace where you can try local specialities. From this point onwards it is a fairly sustained climb via Aprili where you will find a small rural chapel.
You then pass in front of the Cave du Sex, whose terrace will be ready to welcome you when you return for your next hike in the summer. In the meantime, continue in the direction of the Columbire Ecomuseum. The museum is dedicated to the transhumance and is situated within the stunning traditional «mayens» (springtime mountain pastures). The restaurant has a large terrace with a panoramic alpine view that will take your breath away. Head down to Aminona where there are free buses to take you back to the resort.
Use of the snowshoe trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger, especially the danger of avalanches.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereA9 highway exit at Sierre-Ouest, follow the national road via Chermigon until Crans. Then drive on eastwards to Aminona.
ParkingParking at the cable car in Aminona. Follow the local car park routeing.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Good, waterproof footwear
- hiking poles
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water, picnic
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, top right, to download)