An impressive four-thousand-metre peak with beautiful climbing on the ascent.
When ice conditions are good, you can climb up the very steep west face and also descend via it.
Ascent / descent from Klein Matterhorn. Difficulty ZS
- Ascent / descent: 454m | Counter ascent on descent: 188m
- Start altitude: 3820 m.ü.M. | Finish altitude: 4086 m.ü.M.
- Lowest point: 3658 m.ü.M. | Highest point: 4086 m.ü.M.
- Time required ascent: 2¾ h | Distance: 5.1 km
Safety informationSki and snowshoe routes are to be understood as general directions. The route should always be studied in the relevant literature before each tour. Detailed tour planning is strongly recommended. The practice of ski touring in alpine terrain is at your own risk;
Tips and hintsPlaces along the route: Pollux
Getting thereBy car in the direction of Zermatt as far as Täsch.
ParkingThere are several parking facilities available in Täsch.
The issue of safety plays a fundamentally important role in ski touring, as you go off-piste and rescue teams often need a little longer to get to the scene of an accident. In addition, the danger of avalanches is always present.
The most important materials:
- Touring skis
- Touring bindings
- Touring boots
- Ski touring skins
- Ski boots
- Ski touring backpack
- Functional clothing according to the onion principle .
- Avalanche transceiver (LVS)
- Avalanche shovel
- Avalanche probe
- Safety set
- First aid kit
- Bivouac bag
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints