A wonderful hike from the Rinder Hut to the Lauchernalp via the Restipass (or in the opposite direction).
This challenging circular hike can either be started in Leukerbad or directly in front of the Rinder Hut on the Torrentalp (using the Torrent lifts). The trail heads eastwards to the Schafalpe, climbing gently up the slope towards the Schnydi. It then continues on to the Wysse Lake. From here the route becomes increasingly steeper up to the Restipass at 2,626m above sea level. You are rewarded with a magnificent view across virtually all the mountains and villages of the Lötschental from the pass. The route continues along well-marked paths down to the Restialp and onwards via the Kummenalp to the Lauchernalp. From there, either take the cable car back to Wiler or descend on foot. This route can also be walked in the opposite direction.
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Updated: October 21, 2020
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
Tips, hints and linksAn exciting and funny experience for everyone: From the mountain station of the cable-car at Lauchernalp you can enjoy an exhilarating ride on a monster scooter to Wiler.
Getting thereDrive up to Leukerbad from Leuk. Leukerbad has a guided parking system - follow the signs.
ParkingYou can park your car in the Torrent indoor car park (not free).
32T 396065 5135937
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Push the arrows to change the view