This route from Lauchernalp to Wiler is suitable for all mountain bikers, from beginner to expert. A Singletrail winds down to the height of Weissenried, and then continues down to Ried. You finally reach Wiler, along the Lonza River. Riders enjoy fine views of the Breithorn, one of the dramatic peaks of the Lötschental.
Safety informationUse marked bike trails and routes only, making sure you observe all signposting. Kindly close gates after passing through. Please be considerate to walkers, as well as to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority. When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability. All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
View this tour on SwitzerlandMobility:
Getting thereFrom Goppenstein drive up the Lötschental valley, through the villages of Ferden and Kippel to Wiler and the base station of the cable car.
ParkingParking available (outdoor and indoor) at the valley station of the cable car; fee payable.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend: a bike in excellent working order, a helmet, gloves and a bell, clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof), food and drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.