Tour of the Val d'Anniviers: Vallon de Réchy - Louché mountain lake (stage 5)
Valais/Wallis Promotion Verified partner Explorers Choice
Mountain lake Le Louché above VercorinPhoto: Pascal Gertschen, Valais/Wallis Promotion
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on “Print” icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Tips and hints
View this tour on SwitzerlandMobility:
From the top of the cable car at Crêt-du-Midi, the path climbs slightly up the eastern side of the valley. It skirts the marshes of the Ar du Tsan from the west and passes near a waterfall.
The ascent continues along a picturesque pond, the Gouille de Potoc, before reaching the banks of the Lac du Louché, the highest point of the hike.
On the way down, the path takes another route along the eastern side of the valley to reach Ar du Tsan. From here, take the same road that leads to the Crêt-du-Midi.
Public transportTake the train to Sierre, then the bus to Vercorin, or the bus from Sierre to Chalais then the cable car from Chalais to Vercorin. Take the cable car from Vercorin to Crêt-du-Midi. All information about the timetable is available on www.cff.ch.
Getting thereMotorway A9, exit 28 (Sierre-ouest) Follow the signs to "Vercorin".
ParkingParking at the Vercorin cable car. Follow the signs for parking in Vercorin.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click “Print” icon, to download)
For certain walks:
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others