The ascent to the Mountain Wyssbodehorn is rewarded by an unforgettable view over the entire Simplon valley with the Monte Leone massif, the fascinating view of the Fletschhorn north face in the west, the Valais Alps in the north and the mountain scenery of the Ossola in the south. The descent to Simplon Dorf is first pleasant and then steeper.
Rest StopHotel Post Simplon Dorf
Safety informationThis hike is only suitable for sure-footed, experienced and giddy mountain hikers. The hike is at your own risk. Insurance is the responsibility of the hiker.
Tips and hintswww.brig-simplon.ch
View this tour on SwitzerlandMobility:
Getting thereBy post bus from Brig or Iselle.
ParkingParking spaces are available in Engeloch.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentEquipment adapted to the weather is indispensable. For all hikes it is strongly recommended to wear good, sturdy mountain boots.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.