This hike leads over paths of particular scenic and cultural interest, around the great mountains of the region: Trittico del Sempione.
Distance 122.6 km
The hike leads over good and signposted paths, between 1000 and 2000 meters altitude. In Italy it goes through the Antrona and Bognanco valleys, in Switzerland through the Saas Valley, Nanztal and the Simplon Valley. On the Italian side, 8 mountain huts offer comfortable overnight accommodation, on the Swiss side there is the stage stop through smaller hotels and pensions in the valley, which can be reached by cable cars, catch glimpses of marmots, chamois and ibex accompanying you on your way. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Valais mountains, the Lepontine mountains and the Oberland.
Kontaktieren Sie Ihr Tourismusbüro vor der Tour. Wir helfen Ihnen gerne mit nützlichen Informationen bei der Vorbereitung.
Rest StopBerghotel Almagelleralp
Rifugio Alpe il Laghetto
Rifugio San Bernardo
Rifugio Cittá di Novara, Alpe Cheggio
Herberge Hospiz Simplon
Hotel Post Simplon Dorf
Hotel Monte Leone
Safety informationThe hike is at your own risk. Insurance is the hiker's responsibility.
Tips and hints
Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf unserer Webseite: www.simplon.ch
Getting thereTake the public transport or private car to Antrona. The hike starts from there.
32T 431515 5101136
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentEquipment adapted to the weather is essential. Good, sturdy mountain boots are strongly recommended for all hikes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 9 Stages
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view