The protected area of the Pfyn Forest in the regional nature park Pfyn-Finges - one of the largest pine forests in the Alps - is a protected area of national importance. The Pfyn Forest borders one of the last wild branches of the Rhone and is home to a large number of animals and plants.
Since 1997, the region has been under protection and in the 2000's, the local communities founded an association to develop soft tourism in the reserve and to establish a nature park. Since November 2005, the Pfyn Forest has been proudly named regional nature park.
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on the «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, as well as to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
- The nature park Pfyn-Finges is a protected area. Please follow the marked trails and respect the fauna, flora : the nature.
Tips and hintsFor further information about Pfyn-Finges Nature Park
By roadTo reach the parc Pfyn-Finges by car, take the exit of the highway A9 (Rhone highway) named "Sierre est". At the highway exit, take the exit towards Sierre at the roundabout and continue for about 200m until the new roundabout and take the third exit and then turn right for the parking of the parc Pfyn-Finges.
ParkingFree outdoor parking.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click on the «Print» icon, to download)
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints