Valais/Wallis Promotion Verified partner Explorers Choice
Schaplersee LakePhoto: Landsschaftspark Binntal, Landsschaftspark Binntal
Rest stopsAlbrun Binn
Bärgkristall Inn & Restaurant
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Tips and hints
View the tour with the departure from Fäld on SwitzerlandMobility:
More information about the destination:
Scheduled train to Fiesch (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn), then take a Post Bus to Binn.
Detailed train and Post Bus times on cff.ch and Bus Alpin services at: busalpin.ch.
A9 motorway to Brig followed by the cantonal road to Lax. Shortly after Lax, turn right and follows signs for Ernen / Binn. Park at either the start or finish of the walk and use the Bus Alpin to complete the loop.
ParkingLarge car parks just outside the villages of Binn and Imfeld
Book recommendation by the author
Get the the Valais/Wallis hking map to discover the best hikes in the region.
The Binn tourist office can provide you with a range of informative documents and brochures about hiking in the destination.
Author’s map recommendations
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
For certain walks:
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others