This moderately tricky circuit is designed for both classic and skating cross-country skiing. It connects Tourbillon to the hamlet of Chou and runs along a gently sloping forest track.
Distance 9.3 km
Step into a pair of skis at the Tourbillon Nordic Centre. The forest circuit, designed for classic and skating cross-country skiing, leads you up the slope to Lui Teise. The trail is somewhat uneven, with several lovely views of Ovronnaz that play hide-and-seek between the trees. The handful of chalets at Lui Teise bask in the sun and look out toward the start of the chairlift and toward the Petit Muveran. Please note that this stretch of the itinerary is also intended for use by pedestrians. The trail then plunges into the forest, reaching the picnic sites at Plan Passé and then continuing towards Chou. One can glimpse the village through the trees, and the view then opens up onto the hamlet of Chou, nestled at the foot of the Seya. The return journey follows the same itinerary. Please note that after Lui Teise, the route may be temporarily closed due to the risk of avalanche, so make sure to ask before starting this circuit.
This cross-country track is also used by people on foot (Tourbillon - Lui Teise). Please be careful and courteous along the circuit.
Update: May 18, 2021
Safety informationBy snowfall, gradual opening of the cross-country ski trails.
Tips and hintshttps://www.ovronnaz.ch/en/activities/cross-country-skiing
Getting thereExit the A9 motorway at exit n° 24 "Riddes-Leytron-Chamoson" and follow the signs to Leytron and then Ovronnaz.
32T 359229 5118222
EquipmentCross-country skiing equipment.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view