Start at the edge of Lake Moubra where there is a magnificent view of the resort and the ski slopes that overlook it. For convenience, there is also a large car park situated here.
This loop takes you around the what’s been described as the most beautiful 9-hole golf course in Switzerland. The course was created in 1951 and renamed the Jack Nicklaus after its transformation and expansion in 1986.
Quiet and close to nature, this route offers a magnificent view of the Valais Alps, from the Matterhorn to Mont Blanc. Finish your circuit at the restaurants on their lovely lake-side terraces.
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at skiers’ own risk. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature, take with you waste from others.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential.
Tips, hints and links
More information about the destination:
Getting thereA9 highway exit at Sierre-Ouest, follow the national road via Chermigon until Crans. From there, take the cable car to Cry d’Er. The hike starts at the Hotel Miedzor, which is easily accessible from the centre. Otherwise, the local bus brings you close (stop “Sporting”).
ParkingParking Sporting next to the starting point. Follow the local car park routeing.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good cross-country skiing equipment
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap