For anyone who loves cross-country skiing and beautiful landscapes, this route in Zinal is ideal. Graded “easy”, it does not present any special difficulty but boasts scenery to take your breath away. This is a chance to indulge in your favourite sport in a dream setting: take care not to lose your rhythm and trip up on your skis as you admire the impressive peaks that form the Couronne Impériale, the “imperial crown” of 4,000-metre summits!
The route begins at the car park of Plats de la Lée. The loop takes you as far as the Gietti bridge; the trail then descends again to the Singline bridge. From there, you have the option of continuing as far as the Barmette bridge and then returning to the Singline bridge. In all, you can take advantage of 19 km of marked trails (12 km classic, 7 km skating) along the river La Navizence.
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at skiers’ own risk. Valais/Wallis Promotion accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals. Do not leave any waste in nature, take with you waste from others.
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential.
Tips and hints
More information about the destination:
Getting thereAutobahn A9 bis Sierre, anschliessend Ausfahrt 29 Sierre-Est nehmen und Richtung Val d'Anniviers weiterfahren. Im Dorf Vissoie abbiegen und Richtung Zinal weiterfahren.
ParkingFree parking at Les Plats de la Lée, near the track.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- good cross-country skiing equipment
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints