All-inclusive cross-country active day
Interested in trying cross-country skiing but don't have the kit? No problem - for CHF 42.00 you can have a day's cross-country skiing in the Lötschental, kitted out with top equipment. The offer includes:
- Hire of cross-country ski equipment (classic)
- A one-day cross-country day pass for the Lötschental
- A hot non-alcoholic drink in a restaurant of your choice
The offer including skating equipment is available for CHF 52.00.
You can reserve this offer at the Lötschental information point in Wiler and at the Lötschental Cross-country Centre in Blatten.
Zum Fröhlichen Jass
- Plan every cross-country skiing trip carefully
- Make sure that the equipment is suitable and complete
- Never go on a tour alone
- Inform relatives, friends, the hut keeper or the hotel porter about your tour. Report back on arrival at your destination
- Observe the weather development constantly
- Observe the principle: in case of doubt turn back!
Tips and hints
Cross-Country Skiing Pass Prices
- Lötschental season pass CHF 50.00
- Kandersteg - Lötschental regional pass CHF 80.00
- Swiss cross-country skiing pass CHF 140.00
- Day pass CHF 8.00
- Week pass CHF 40.00
Cross-country skiing passes can be obtained from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop, in hotels, restaurants, and at Cecil's Loipenstube in Blatten.
Getting thereDrive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel and Wiler to Blatten as far as the old post office. Proceed on foot to the trail access.
ParkingYou can park your car in the car park next to the old post office in Blatten (not free).
Author’s map recommendations
Cross-country ski hire:
- Cecil's Loipen-Stube: Tel. +41 (0)79 425 69 68, www.langlaufzentrum-loetschental.ch
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.